Caring, Effective Estate Planning Attorney Serving Clients in Destin and Fort Walton Beach
Thinking about estate planning and end-of-life legal issues is difficult for many people. However, a thorough set of documents, like wills and trusts, can help ensure that your assets are distributed as you intend, rather than through the state's inheritance system.
At the Leininger Law Firm, P.A., we help individuals in Destin-Fort Walton Beach and the surrounding area, with the most common estate planning needs. Destin estate planning attorney Michael Leininger approaches each case with sensitivity and understanding, and works with each client to build an individualized, detailed estate plan.
We believe that by giving our clients a high degree of input, the resulting documents will be precisely what they desired.
Preparing Comprehensive Wills and Trusts
Wills and trusts are two of the most well-known and effective ways to dispose of property at death. When properly drafted, these documents can give you peace of mind knowing that the family, friends and institutions you care about will be able to receive your assets.
Wills — A will allows you to accomplish a number of things. Though it can certainly be difficult to contemplate the end of your life, confronting that fear and making a will can be a great benefit to you and your family. Some of the things you can do with a will are:
- Direct who will receive your assets
- Name an executor
- Create a trust in which to place your property
- Name a guardian for your minor children
Trusts — Trusts serve a number of important functions, and they are not only for the rich; anyone with even modest assets can benefit from having a trust in place. A trust is useful for many reasons, including:
- Giving you the ability to control your property during life while reducing the difficulty of transferring ownership at death
- Allowing you to list the beneficiaries who should get your property when you die
- Avoiding the probate process , which saves your family substantial time and money
- Avoiding estate taxes
Estate Planning That Meets Your Needs
In addition to wills and trusts, the Leininger Law Firm can help you create a variety of other tools designed to meet your needs.
- Powers of Attorney — Selecting a trusted person to act on your behalf if you become incapacitated is a very important part of thorough estate planning.
- Health Care Directives — These documents tell your doctor what type of treatment you want to receive if you cannot communicate on your own.
- Gifts and Charitable Donations — If you would like to make a gift to a person, business or charity, either during your lifetime or in your will, we can help you.
Schedule an Initial Consultation With a Milton Wills and Trusts Lawyer
Please call 850-502-4982 or send us an e-mail to arrange for an initial consultation. We are a full-service law firm, offering a full range of estate planning and probate administration services for individuals, families and service men and women throughout the Florida Panhandle.