Real Estate Litigation
Experienced North Florida Real Estate Lawyer
When the real estate bubble burst, those who owned, sold or rented property in Florida were hit hard. As property values decreased and the number of foreclosures increased, more and more people found themselves involved in real estate disputes. Today, the real estate market is still down, and there is a large volume of real estate litigation yet to be resolved.
At the Leininger Law Firm, P.A. , we handle a variety of real estate issues for clients in Shalimar, Fort Walton Beach and the surrounding areas. If you need real estate help, call us at 850-502-4982 or contact us online .
Handling Commercial and Residential Real Estate Issues
Real estate litigation attorney Michael Leininger represents buyers, sellers, tenants, landlords and business owners. The cases that we handle include:
- Purchase agreements
- Buy/sell agreements
- Construction defect litigation
- Landlord/tenant issues — If a tenant is unable to make payments due to job loss, unexpected health issues or general economic reasons, it may be beneficial for the tenant and landlord to negotiate a lease termination rather than deal with a default.
Shalimar Foreclosure Defense Attorney
Many homeowners are faced with the prospect of losing their home. We work to keep Florida homeowners in their homes.
- Foreclosure defense — If your bank has decided to foreclose, you have options. We may be able to work out a loan modification for you that would allow you to keep your home. Filing for bankruptcy is also an option. When you visit us, we will sit down and discuss the choices you have.
- Short sales — A short sale can be used to avoid foreclosure. A short sale occurs when a lender agrees to allow the homeowner to pay back less than the full amount owed on the loan. These complicated transactions require the help of an experienced real estate attorney.
- Deficiency Judgments — If you sell your home for less than the amount owed on your mortgage, the bank may get a deficiency judgment against you. We can help you negotiate with the bank to get them to waive the deficiency, and we will defend you in court if the lender pursues the judgment.